L’Institut d’Etudes du Judaïsme, a major European Centre for Jewish Studies and part of the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), is holding a Covid version of its intensive program in Yiddish language and literature from April 11th to April 16th, 2021. It is designed to introduce students to the Yiddish language, literature and culture and /or to enrich existing knowledge. This week-long program offers students intensive language courses catering to elementary, intermediate and advanced levels. Language classes are predominantly conducted in Yiddish.
The morning classes are complemented with a broad range of language enrichment activities including :
- Concerts in Yiddish song
- A conversation workshop with Annick PRIME-MARGULES (The Paris Yiddish Centre) and other instructors.
- Lectures on specialized subjects
Our professors are from Belgium, France and Great Britain, namely:
Helen BEER - University College, London - University of London (Levels 2 and 3).
Tal HEVER-CHYBOWSKI – The Paris Yiddish Centre - Paris (Levels 2 and 4).
Sonia DRATWA-PINKUSOWITZ - Institut d’Etudes du Judaïsme – ULB – Brussels (Levels 3 and 4).
We will only organize a level 1 if there is a minimum of 6 students registered by March 28.
Registration fees :
- Full program: 180€ (150€ for students).
- Morning language lessons only (9:30 am - 1:00 pm CET): 100€ (80€ for students).
- Workshops (4 sessions): 40 €
- Evening lectures (4 sessions): 40 €
- Concerts (4 sessions) : 40€
- Welcome address on Sunday 11th : 10€
Only applications with full payment will ensure participation in the programme.
Click Here for application form.
Applications must be received no later than April 7th, 2021 and sent to the following e-mail address : email@example.com
Payments should be made to the following bank account :
Bank ING : 310-1518513-64
Code IBAN : BE29 3101 5185 1364
Code BIC : BBRUBEBB